Featured Tip the Day
How to Make a Perfect Hot Oil Bubble Bath
1. Put a rubber mat in to prevent slipping.
2. Fill the tub with water that is toasty warm but
not too hot.
2. Pour in your favorite suds maker, bubble
bath soap or even dish washing liquid.
3. Add one cap full of baby oil. It will stay on the
surface mostly but what drifts onto you will
leave your skin silky soft and moisturized. The
steam will open your pores to deepen the effect.
Leg Prep for Shaving
Natural Home Remedies for Acne and Dry Skin
Hand Spa at Home for Dry Hands
Natural Cleanses for Your Body
This following skin prep is reprinted by permission from
www.mangoboss.com, and modified for legs.
1. The key to a great shave is preparation. You must prepare your
2. Preparation starts with cleaning the skin. Why? If your legs are
dirty, then when you shave you increase the chances of infection. The
bacteria gets into the cuts.
3. Open the pores. The hair follicles, think of them like a shovel stuck
in sand on the beach. You need to loosen the spikes up before you
pull them out. To open up your pores, wash the leg with warm, then
warmer water. You can if you have time, apply a hot towel to your
legs or shave right after you get out of the shower.
4. While the pores are nice and open, apply a good thick cream. It's
best to apply it warm too. You can warm it up by heating up a cup of
water in the microwave (2 minutes), then put a piece of thin cloth
over the hot cup. Squirt the cream on top of the cloth for about 10
seconds to warm it up.
5. Apply the cream to your warm skin.
6. Then, and only then, start to shave.
7. The above applies if you use commercial shave cream. If you want
to use a brush, you don't work up a lather in your hand. You work up
the lather in a little bowl with your badger hair brush. You heat the
brush first by leaving it in a cup or bowl of hot water while you
prepare your face as we went over earlier. Why badger hair? It's
soft, it holds water more easily than other hairs.
You don't have to spend a fortune on badger hair brushes. We found
one for $10 at http://www.beautyrose.com/twdeshbrform. Some
people also forgo badger altogether and use boar bristles. These
work but they're not as good as badger.
Register Now-it's free, fast and easy. You get way more out of this
site when you register, including access to more natural acne